Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It's like everyone's given seeds that are capable of growing into the garden of their dreams, but no one's been told they even have them. Then, when they see their neighbor's garden growing, whether it's because their neighbor actually found their seeds or accidentally spilled them, there's a rush to see what's happening. In fact, whole industries are built around the buying, selling, and trading of other people's gardens. Agents are hired, sales teams assembled, and sometimes stocks and bonds are issued. Vendors compete, lawyers are hired, and accountants are sued. There are mergers and acquisitions, buyouts and takeovers, and of course, 401k's, company picnics, and vacation days.
Of course, there are also seeds that grow into private gardens. Seeds that will grow into best sellers. And seeds that will grow into happy families.
It's quite a riot, and often good fun, but Sheila, would you believe that one of the biggest impediments one has in discovering their own seeds, these days, is their fascination with the gardens of others?
The Universe
I received this in my email today and as I was reading it I thought how much this fits me.(The Universe must know me well) I have spent my entire life tending the gardens of everyone else instead of tending my own garden. Now today I look around and I'm not that far from retirement age and here I sit with a very fallow garden. Is it to late??? NO!!!!!!!!
I always wanted to be the strong one, the needed one so that I could tell myself that I had survived my childhood in one piece. The reality is finally setting in and I am realizing that I am not the needed one but the needy one. And I know that it is time for me to get my garden tilled and planted if I am to have any kind of life at all. The hardest part is knowing where to start,,,or how to start. I guess the best place to start is from the beginning. The very thought of that scares me senseless. I'm not sure I want to go back and face all those demons, yet I know that I must.
Sis, I hope that this does not become to much for you as I know I will need your support more than ever before to get through. So I will say thank you in advance and I love you dearest friend.


Posted at 10:52 PM

2 comments





Action Items
Turn bedroom into Magic Place :)
Fresh Poppy Design
Moda Bake Shop