Monday, April 11, 2005

See, I think anytime people live together, they need to agree on things -- in writing -- so it's not misunderstood. They think that because you don't have to work, and get a place to live and have your food, laundry facilities, etc provided, that you should repay them by baby-sitting. Yet you have paid all the back taxes, and you do all the laundry, dishes, housecleaning, etc.

What should be done is to put the value of things on paper. How much your portion of rent, food, utilities, laundry, etc, would cost if you had to pay them out of pocket. Then write down how much it would cost to hire baby-sitting, laundry and housework done. It's a real eye-opener when you actually write it down on paper. I could be wrong, but my guess is that they would owe you money.

That's what I suggested you and I do when you move here. Spell out what you will do and how much it's worth, then list how much rent and other living expenses are. Then you won't ever feel like you are a slave, and I won't feel like I'm supporting you, because it will be a fair trade, instead of something lopsided like you have right now.


Posted at 4:33 PM

0 comments





Action Items
Turn bedroom into Magic Place :)
Fresh Poppy Design
Moda Bake Shop