Monday, February 28, 2011




One of my favorite things about women is our ability to pierce through the chit-chat to get to what is really going on in our hearts.

Conversations with close girlfriends can be deep and true. I have a few girlfriends with whom I can reveal the darkest parts of myself and know that I will still be accepted and loved just as I am. This, in turn, helps me to accept and love myself as I am. The way I treat my closest friends with compassion and understanding no matter what, also teaches me how to be a good friend to myself. I believe this connection spreads out into the world, showing me the light and sweetness in people I do not know at all.

In the media, friendships between women are often portrayed as caddy and insecure. My experience is that friendships between women are full of depth, gentleness, grace and wisdom. Girlfriends listen empathetically with their hearts wide-open. They are not afraid to hear pain. A friend holds the painful stories of other women, quietly and lovingly. This makes the pain lessen and love grows stronger. Girlfriends create a safe place to share heartbreaks, jealousies, anger and fear without being judged or criticized.

My girlfriends teach me over and over that I am okay just as I am, even when, in my darkest moments I am certain that I am not.

They remind me that I am always loved, no matter what.


I found this here and it spoke to my soul. I just felt I had to share it here because I have some really amazing girlfriends. A couple of these ladies I've known since I was a child and a couple since I was in high school which was like, forever ago. I have made some truly dear friends online that I feel I could go to with anything and I have never met them face to face. To all of you, this is sent out into the Universe just for you. I heart you all!
And with that said I think I am going to open my creative mind to making a "Girl Friend" quilt. I've never actually come up with my own pattern but instead of stayed in my safety zone and used tutorials that others of you have made so wish me luck.

Labels:


Posted at 2:58 PM

0 comments





Action Items
Turn bedroom into Magic Place :)
Fresh Poppy Design
Moda Bake Shop