Tuesday, March 01, 2011



A Star is Born is a quilt (actually two quilts) that I made for my sister. My sister's son (now 20) was born with a cleft palette and the Shriner's Hospital in Galveston, TX took care of him throughout his growing years. The doctor she took him to had a wonderful nurse who had told Cheri last year that her daughter was going to bless her with her first grandchild, twins as it turned out. Cheri is a lot like me when it comes to gifting so she ask me to make her a set of quilts for her to gift to this lovely nurse. This is a picture of one of them, the other one was bordered in lavender. I tied the nine patch area and machine quilted around the appliqued areas. I have since made one for a little boy in blues and greens and it was just as cute. Gotta love applique!

Labels:


Posted at 1:41 PM

1 comments





Action Items
Turn bedroom into Magic Place :)
Fresh Poppy Design
Moda Bake Shop